Recipe: Protein Power Bites
This easy, peasy protein bite cep not only tastes delicious, but will help your player feel powerful and invincible on the field. Plus, these little gems cost about a forth of the cost of most protein bars!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: makes 8 bites
- 1 cup rolled oats (half pulsed in, half stirred in)
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 2 T honey
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine ½ cup oats with all other ingredients in high-powered blender
- Scrap out into medium-sized bowl, combine with other ½ cup of oats
- Stir to combine, and then get in with your hands to get all ingredients thoroughly mixed together
- Use a 2 oz. ice cream scoop to make 8 balls.
- Store in freezer or fridge and enjoy!
*NOTE: Eat as is or roll into unsweetened cocoa powder, crushed/freeze-dried strawberries, or unsweetened coconut flakes. To boost the protein, add 1-2 scoops of protein powder per serving. Store in freezer or fridge.
MLS, Sporting KC Sports Performance Dietician